Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Narratography

I just launched a new website. It is here. There will be some changes made to it, but you'll get the idea.

Transformer Auction is this Friday. If you don't have a ticket, but want one, go here. I will see you there. If you can't make it, here is a pdf of the catalog. Death Banquet is my contribution, and if I may, it is a better painting than I remembered.

In other news I completed an "Avian" painting of a "Supinated Finch" shown above. It is sort of a pun based on a line from Lyotard (you are impressed I can tell) where he says that one must effectively "supine" themselves to an experience to get to the unmediated essence of it.

Currently, I am at work on a painting for the Fellows Converge: Obstructions show at the Katzen Center here in DC at the end of January.  This is sort of phase two of the show that we had at the Hamiltonian Gallery this past summer. You may remember this painting. Anyway, I have a small painting going for the show in accord with the limitations provided by my co-fellows, but I am planning to start another later this week. I will pick the nicest for the show. One is set at night. One is set during the day. One is bigger than the other. Which will win? Find out January 26th. Add that to your calendar.

Otherwise I am gearing up for a nice long studio winter with some big, and less big, canvases starting after my return from Scope Miami. I will likely reemerge in May.

No comments: