Friday, January 11, 2013

En Serio 2013

Happy 2013! I hope you are enjoying it so far. I have been sick/getting the studio ready for painting en serio. I have been doing quite a bit of drawing lately too which is always refreshing. As refreshing as mint body wash, but I have already said too much.

My work for the McLean Project for the Arts Small Stories exhibition have been dropped off and are currently being installed. There is a reception next Thursday, January 17th from 7-9pm. Be there.

And/Or...

From January 26-March 17th, I am in a group show at the Katzen Art Center at American University as part of their winter 2013 season. The show is called The Obstructions and the press release (pictured above) explains why. Reception is Saturday January 26th, 6-9pm. There is also a gallery talk Saturday February 9th at 4pm.

P.S. If you haven't seen the Jorgen Leth films that inspired the Obstructions project, you should. Well, you'll at least feel like you accomplished something after watching them. Like seeing Jandek perform. Or watching any of those later Chris Marker films. You know what I'm talking about, right?

Anyway, steady as she goes.

No comments: