Monday, February 6, 2012

Plato el pato


Here is a painting that I started last Friday. Wait! NO. Two Fridays ago. Anyway, sometimes you just have to paint a duck. His name is Plato

Otherwise I am installing the Buddy Picture show this week, and the day after the reception I am rehearsing for the Perspectivoyage revival happening at the Intersections Festival at the Atlas Theater later this month. 

I also saw a great documentary over the weekend called Pina (3D). It is about German choreographer Pina Bausch and I found it very inspiring. I wasn't entirely convinced about the 3-D-ness of it though. I mean I get why it is a good idea (dancers in space), but with an optical technique like that it creates an unnatural depth of field. Not as though a 2-D film is any closer to reality, but still. Sometimes lapels are standing too far forward, heads too sometimes. Plus these illusions have to contend with the edge of the screen which is a total mindf#&*.

No comments: