Friday, September 30, 2011

Engaged Column

I am in the midst of three paintings. I have basically just started all three, so they seem like exciting prospects at the moment. As they wear on this will certainly change. I will grow to hate them and then love them again. That is, if all goes well. Anyway, like I said, I am studio bound for the next 4 months.

I thought that maybe in the interim, while I am not taking the time to post images and profundities, I might like to turn this blog into a "lifestyle" blog a la GOOP. Because everyone is dying to know about the diet and exercise and fashion regimen of a painter guy, right? Fun fact: Pontormo recorded his meals, visits, BM's, in his diary. So, he was like the GOOP of the Mannerists. I think I will call my new column Mattsylvania. Or not.

Alright, here goes:

Today I am wearing red socks. My favorite red socks. The pair that I was married in, in fact. This is important to note because I have two pairs of red socks.

Last night after painting I had a turkey burger with a glass (two glasses actually) of some oaky chardonnay that I can't remember the name of. Perhaps next time I will only have one glass so that I can remember the name of the vintner. I tend to not go for chardonnay because of this oaking problem, but it did complement the burger nicely. I recently learned that Barbousville has a really nice, subtle chardonnay. Zero oak.

I watched one sitcom after that. It was very bad. I have a pretty low tolerance for teevee.

Stay tuned for more inspiring lifestyle news!

No comments: