Friday, August 1, 2008

Sittin' On The Dock Of The Bay


After listening to a really great interview with Steve Reich, I ran off to the studio in a fit of inspiration. The interview aired on the 28th on BBC3 as part of the Lebrecht series

I made progress on the above paintings. The "volcano" is really getting cartoony, no eruption halo anymore, but I am okay with that. I think my tiny little boat in the Bay of Katz is going to end up becoming a Junk. That is the working title of the painting by the way. The Bay of Katz, maybe even Eruption at the Bay of Katz

The still life painting...well, it's going. I don't have a lot to say about it right now. 

I do however have to write an artist statement to accompany this Penn State show and I have to figure out a way to bind the two kinds of painting together. No easy task. I mean, I know that they are related, but I can't find the words. It keeps coming out like some conceptual morass like, " nature of visual perception...essence of being...fabric of the cosmos...", which really does a disservice to the "cowboys". I'll figure it out though, don't you worry.


No comments: