Saturday, June 28, 2008

Book Chat with Matt



So, MFA Boston is completely sold out of Antonio Lopez Garcia catalogs! It was released May 1 and was sold out by as late as June 24th. I had to pre-order through Amazon.ca. It has a street date of August according to their web-site. We shall see what becomes of all this.

Yale published Ewan Uglow: The Complete Paintings last year which is very exciting. The more I think about it the more I am afraid of an Antonio Lopez Garcia situation. But the price tag will probably keep out the riff raff.

I like the idea of Continuum Press' 33 1/3 series. 33 1/3 has a blog too. This series deals with popular music from Celine Dion (one of the more philosophical books -when faced with Celine Dion I think you have to put your mind in a higher state to get through it) to Sonic Youth's Daydream Nation. Their subject areas are probably quite a bit more broad. I haven't gone through their whole catalog.

And D.A.P. ... Our love will never die.


No comments: