Wednesday, May 7, 2008

...And Beyond That Little Town...



So here is the rest of the painting as it is this minute. I am starting to knit the pieces together. For instance the path behind the tiny town is echoed in the moat of the castle as well as the unfinished drawbridge. Also that selfsame moat is kind of a counterpoint to the watery crevice spilling out of the front of the picture.

So far I am most happy with my tree. I like the pattern of leaves that overlap. I am also happy with my chalk cliffs and my aqueduct. Those are pretty much the only parts that are actually finished, so it's probably a good sign that I like them.

You might also want to follow along with my "Cowboy Reading List". It so far consists of:
1) The Collected Works of Billy the Kid by Michael Ondaatje
2)Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy
on deck is :
Tocqueville's Democracy in America

Also I am looking at a lot of Sienese painting, Poussin and Claude. This is not new.

No comments: