Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cinecitta Chapel: Year One

I just realized that an important anniversary just passed. It has been one year -and four days- since I began working on these big paintings and only these big paintings; with one minor exception. I have three sketchbooks full ideas for other paintings, but NO! I must stay focused.

That said, this week has been horrible for studio time. To make matters worse, the weather is pitch perfect here in DC, so all I can think about are flowers and bicycle rides.

I am also thinking a lot about this stereoscope project that I have yet to mention. It seems quite doable thanks to ebay and other technologies. I am being vague because I want it to be a surprise. A surprise -frankly- that you, gentle reader, won't find out about for at least another year.

image: the Commons