Saturday, June 7, 2008

P.S. No Damage


The leaks were re-caulked yesterday. At the end of the month it appears that I will be moving into a slightly bigger studio down the hall. For a while I will be my own neighbor which is terrific. My future neighbor has great taste in music!

But now I have to survive the staggering heat and humidity of this boggy marsh of a swamp I call home.

Blood Necklace is finally coming to a close. After a few calculations I determined that I have been working on it, with some interruption, since APRIL! What I haven't been able to calculate is how many times I have adjusted the green in the foreground. You would have to see it in person to notice that the surface is roughly the texture of a football. In short, The painting is almost finished and I get to test some newly gained "cowboy skills" on a very Qing Dynasty still-life. It may well take me all summer. HOOOORAY! Productivity!

No comments: