Thursday, March 13, 2008

Me gusto esto


So...um...obviously it has been a slow day around the office, and I am thinking about art when I should be working out some calculations for grant funding. For Cowboys, I mean.

Speaking of which I have checked out"Hang 'Em High" from my local library, and have begun reading Blood Meridian (Cormac McCarthy) for some cowboy inspired punchups and shootings.
I have also thought of a way to deal with the green reproduction in the still-life. It's a little reductive, but more interesting I think than the direction I am currently taking it. A bit more cohesive.

I also have another idea for a still-life, which I should at least jot down. I can't quite figure out what's going on with me lately. Maybe I should invent a Cowboy Painter persona and keep the still-life painter persona as it's always been so people don't get confused. Like a DJ or electronic musician. Vladislav Delay and Uusitalo, SAME GUY! Matthew Dear and Audion SAME GUY (all his music sounds alike regardless. But, alas, there is only one of me to do all of this work. If there are any good Cowboy Painter names that I should be aware of, send them my way.

No comments: