Thursday, February 14, 2008


I have had a hard time getting into the studio this week. Too much other stuff getting in the way. Christian Boltanski, in almost every interview I have ever encountered, has said that it is impossible for an artist to "live", or to be "alive" or something like that. You know, like art is too hard and serious for an artist to exist outside of. That has a kind of poetic/bohemian flourish to it. I am guilty of enjoying poetic flourishes. Bohemian flourishes especially. However, I don't entirely agree with that sentiment.

There has been some enjoyment recently. I went to see the Laptop Orchestra at the Kennedy Center's Japan: Culture + Hyperculture Festival. http://kennedy-center.org/calendar/index.cfm?fuseaction=showEvent&event=XIJFJ#details I was even reunited with my old pal Voltron. Who, as you are hopefully aware, is defending the universe right now!

No comments: